We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a User Growth Supervisor who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for managing product roll-outs and supervising user growth activities throughout our field locations as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll:
- Supervise a team of field-based territory officers (1-5) who in turn manage a group of daily promoters (15-65) and ensure activities align with quarterly objectives
- Support the user growth strategy in specific locations within Senegal
- Support in hiring, training, and managing user growth team members
- Conduct user needs assessments by interviewing current and potential wave users about their needs and problems with regards to money transfer and financial services
- Provide feedback on daily field operations that impacts other departments and activities such as marketing and agent management teams
- Support the scaling of our operational activities by figuring out how we develop our customer base day after day within an assigned region of Senegal
- Supervising the onboarding of new user growth team members
- Training and managing your team daily
- Location is within Senegal, region varies
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- This is a fixed-term position (1 year renewable)
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and four weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 3+ years experience conducting field-related user growth activities.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience, specifically managing sales teams or user acquisition teams based in the field.
- Previous experience managing large teams (+30 people).
- Must live in concerned location.
- Fluent in French and Wolof.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Proficiency with computer & android phones
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Retrouvez toute l’actu Tech et des Nouveaux Médias en Afrique sur Socialnetlink.